Volunteers collect and distribute Christmas gifts to needy children in the community. Christmas Angel Tree & Birth Choice Epiphany Tree have many jobs that are perfect for Parishioners of all abilities and availabilities! Activities include:
- Ornament prep: take home cutting, gluing, stringing
- Tree set-up: one Sat. afternoon
- Volunteers at the table/tree before & after Masses: (20-30 mins) from 3rd week in November through the Feast of the Epiphany
- Sorting of gifts:: one evening (1-2hrs),
- Shopping for fill-in items: a trip to Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, etc.
- Shopping for wish lists: a trip to Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc.
- Stocking/gift bag stuffing party one Sat. am (2 hrs)
- Delivery of items to local charities and organizations including Solutions for Change, Catholic Charities, Camp Pendleton, Birth Choice, and more. Truck & van owners needed!
- Package/load up Birth Choice baby items after 10:30am Mass on the Feast of the Epiphany (1 hr).
Involvement in this ministry is heaviest during the two months of preparation, collection, and distribution.
Works to collect and distribute Christmas gifts to needy families in the community.