Christmas Angels Ministry
Volunteers collect and distribute Christmas gifts to needy children in the community. Christmas Angel Tree & Birth Choice Epiphany Tree have many jobs that are perfect for Parishioners of all abilities and availabilities! Activities include:
- Ornament prep: take home cutting, gluing, stringing
- Tree set-up: one Sat. afternoon
- Volunteers at the table/tree before & after Masses: (20-30 mins) from 3rd week in November through the Feast of the Epiphany
- Sorting of gifts:: one evening (1-2hrs),
- Shopping for fill-in items: a trip to Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, etc.
- Shopping for wish lists: a trip to Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc.
- Stocking/gift bag stuffing party one Sat. am (2 hrs)
- Delivery of items to local charities and organizations including Solutions for Change, Catholic Charities, Camp Pendleton, Birth Choice, and more. Truck & van owners needed!
- Package/load up Birth Choice baby items after 10:30am Mass on the Feast of the Epiphany (1 hr).
Involvement in this ministry is heaviest during the two months of preparation, collection, and distribution.